Met a woman tonight at a dinner party who quit her job to follow her pursuit of a career in the food industry. Her blog, her business card, her goals are inspiring. Her knowledge of technology was less than at a moderate level. She came from the finance industry, so it surprised me how little she knew or needed to know.
I remember telling people years ago that I was a graphic designer, and they had no real idea of what that was, so I always had to explain. I find that now that I tell people I'm going for a masters in Ed Tech, I totally get those blank stares of years ago. I have to explain it. And then I have to go into the importance of technology and not just the kind that works a phone. I hope I don't come off tech-snobby, I really jsut want everyone to be as inspired and excited about technology and the possibilities for students and ultimately THE WORLD! Only after my soapbox speech, did I realize I had quieted the group, and deadened the conversation. So, I just talked about how much I hated Bobby Flay. :)
Saturday, February 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment